Best Way to Transport Your Mini Fridge
Having a hard time moving your mini fridge? The most important thing to keep in mind is to keep the fridge upright at all times. Laying your mini fridge horizontally could cause problems with the mechanics that keep your fridge cold when you plug it in.
When moving your mini fridge to a new location, just fridge recommends the following steps:
- Empty the refrigerator of all its contents. Before you try to move your fridge, its best to take everything out. Make sure that both your refrigerator and freezer are free of food and beverages.
- Remove all removable components from the inside of the fridge, including shelves, trays, and other loose or moveable items, organizers, and dividers.
- Turn the mini fridge Off. Unplug and coil the power cord securely and tape it in a tight bundle to make sure that it stays in place while moving.
- If necessary, defrost the fridge properly. If a considerable amount of frost has built up in the freezer, youll need to defrost it before going forward with the move.
- Secure the fridge. Fasten the refrigerator and freezer doors snugly shut using strong rope or bungee cord.
- Find some help because as we have said you need to keep the fridge upright at all times and transporting it alone isn’t going to be easy
- Can laying a mini fridge on its side damage it? A fridge can be moved on its side, but you run the risk of some of the oil coming out of the compressor and running up the lines to places where damage can occur to the fridge and the fridge may stop cooling.If you have no choice but to move it on its side, get a dolly to transport it with the top of the fridge being higher than the bottom (when you lay it down) would also help keep the oil in compressor.When you get your mini fridge to the location you want it, keep the fridge in the upright position for at least the same amount of time that the mini fridge was laying down to help any oil in the lines to drain back into the compressor before plugging it back in.
- Read the manual obefore moving. It will provide you with additional instructions or safety tips you should take note of during the move to avoid damaging your mini fridge.
Incoming search terms:
- can you lay a fridge on its side for transportation
- how to store a mini fridge
- can i put a mini fridge on its side
- store mini fridge on side
- transporting refrigerator black and decker 4 5 stand alone
- can i put a mini fridge in the box on its side to transport?
- can I lay a compact refrigerator down for transport
- Can i safely lay a college size refrigerator on its back to move?
- can you lay a mini fridge on its side
- Galanz refrigerator lay on side