Danby DAR044A4BDD Compact All Refrigerator Review
Here is the thing with this mini fridge, this compact counter-high fridge from Danby can work as a full-size refrigerator as it features 4.4 cubic feet (124.6 litres) of cooling space. The Energy-Star rating means it uses minimal power to keep your electricity bills down. This stylish unit is controlled by an accurate mechanical thermostat.
Now the obvious question,…. is it expensive? Priced below $200 , it costs less than the Danby DAR259BL that has the same price but different size capacity. So, this mini fridge is certainly a bargain.
Danby DAR044A4BDD Features:
- 4.4 cu.ft. interior capacity
- Energy Star compliant
- 2 full width and 1 1/2 width adjustable wire shelves
- Automatic defrost
- Interior Light
Excellent product! This fridge is very quiet, has a ton of storage space (shelves also are all adjustable so you get a lot of flexibility), can storage system is far superior to other systems. On downside is temp control is on the back of the unit. Would highly recommend!
- No freezer inside. This gives more space for refrigerated items.
- Light on the inside, just like a big refrigerator
- Glass shelves
- Relatively quiet
- Temperature is consistently held at 37 Degrees
- Great price deal for $199
- Only cools to 45 degrees F even on the lowest setting. This is not enough to store milk, meat, or other food items and limits the use to bottled drinks only
- The wire racks are spaced widely apart, which rarely causes bottles to tip over, but it is not a huge deal.
Our Overall Impression
If you want a mini fridge as your regular-sized fridge, then Danby DAR044A4BDD is a great choice. We highly recommend this for a bar, office, bedroom or garage space.